Since 1946, Lewmar has dedicated itself to making spending time on the water as easy and stress-free as possible; designing and manufacturing innovative and reliable products of the highest quality.
With a portfolio of hardware, winches, hydraulics, windlasses, anchors, thrusters, steering systems, hatches and portlights to suit every boat from the smallest day fisher to largest mega-yacht, Lewmar can supply a complete solution whatever your project and requirements.
Quality remains at the heart of everything we do. The manufacture of our products takes place within our own factory in the UK, giving us total control from conception right through to delivery. In these days of ever increasing offshore sourcing, this is just one sign of our total commitment to providing superior products to all our customers.
Systems Design Engineer
The Systems design team at Lewmar are responsible for design and support of systems which power and control Lewmar products.
We are looking for an engineer to join this team with prospects to broaden their skills base and experience
- Reporting to the Head of Design and working with senior design engineer with creation of system & control specifications, create designs and provide support through production, test and commissioning which includes opportunities to travel.
- Creation and maintenance of product documentation
- Technical support of existing products including on site troubleshooting with customer.
- Liaising with sub-contractors
Candidate would be:
- 1-5 years post graduate industry experience
- HND/Degree showing some specialisation in Electrical controls/automation with mechanical aspects
- Able to troubleshoot and modify or repair electrical circuits
- AutoCAD (2D)
- Microsoft office
- Experience of PCB design & components
- Mechanical aptitude with hands on ability
- Familiarity of Programmable Logic Controllers
- Knowledge/experience of boats
- Knowledge of hydraulics
- Experience of 3D CAD
Starting salary is dependent on previous experience. Benefit includes 25-day annual holiday
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Nigel Smith, Head of Design. email@example.com
Strictly no agencies