Since 1946, Lewmar has dedicated itself to making spending time on the water as easy and stress-free as possible; designing and manufacturing innovative and reliable products of the highest quality.
With a portfolio of hardware, winches, hydraulics, windlasses, anchors, thrusters, steering systems, hatches and portlights to suit every boat from the smallest day fisher to largest mega-yacht, Lewmar can supply a complete solution whatever your project and requirements.
Quality remains at the heart of everything we do. The manufacture of our products takes place within our own factory in the UK, giving us total control from conception right through to delivery. In these days of ever increasing offshore sourcing, this is just one sign of our total commitment to providing superior products to all our customers.
Due to considerable planned growth we have the following vacancies, based in Havant (UK).
Creative Graphic/Web designer
Lewmar is an established and respected marine supplier. Based in Havant over 2 manufacturing & engineering sites we supply the marine industry globally from sailing yachts to motor yachts and super yachts.
We are looking for a highly creative Graphic/Web designer to join our in-house design and marketing team.
Duties will include:
- Creating and formatting a broad range of documents both electronic and printed
- Taking a project from brief stage to completion
- Working on a wide range of marketing material from advert creation, brochure, technical manuals, presentations, websites, electronic media, video editing, creating rendering, POS material, exhibition, etc
- Creation of press releases and copywriting as well as engagement in social media.
- Provide all-round marketing support
The candidate must benefit from the following:
- Degree qualified in Graphic/ Web design or Media
- Highly creative individual
- Ability to use the latest versions of software for the creation of graphics, presentations, websites, new media, image manipulation, video editing and the MS Office suite
- Ability to write copy
- An interest in the Marine Industry would be an advantage
Essential Software Skills:
- Powerpoint / Keynote
- Adobe Premier / Apple i-movie or final cut pro
- Basic knowledge of Solidworks would be an advantage
- HTML/CSS knowledge
To apply please email your CV with work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
OEM Account Managers – German Speaking
Lewmar is an established and respected marine supplier. Based in Havant over 2 manufacturing & engineering sites we supply the marine industry globally from sailing yachts to motor yachts and super yachts. We are looking for a motivated & experienced account manager to look after key international OEM clients.
The account manager is responsible for all aspects of account management including generating sales through existing customer base and through new business development initiatives. They will be expected to work closely with the Sales Manager to provide accurate market data to generate forecasts and identify new commercial opportunities.
The candidate must benefit from the following:
- A proven track record in sales or account management
- Previous experience in managing all aspects of quoting, pricing levels & margin
- Experience of the marine industry and marine products
- Strong technical ability
- Computer literate and capable with excel databases & PowerPoint.
- The applicant should be fluent German
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Project management experience desirable
Reporting to the OEM Sales Manager, the OEM Account Manager is responsible for growing business with existing OEM customers and maintaining day to day technical and logistical support.
Sales Activity & account mgmt
The account manager will identify and develop strategy to increase market share and increase sales into direct OEM customers.
Regular yard visits will be required to support and understand the customer's needs.
Sales team responsible for all customer bids, negotiating and pricing. Good knowledge of excel is required to prepare customer bids.
The account manager is responsible for pricing, maintaining and increasing profitability with clients.
The account manager must ensure customer service is of the highest standard. Delivery performance will need to be monitored and a high level maintained.
Lewmar is a prestige brand and quality is premium, the account manager represents the customer internally at Lewmar and is responsible for reporting issues and ensuring their resolution.
Working closely with OEM design teams to understand ongoing projects and requirements, the account manager will project manage design requests with the client, Lewmar design team and procurement team.
Regular feedback to OEM sales manager is required to ensure Lewmar New Product Development is relevant.
The account manager will maintain a database of each OEM activity, new boat development + product interest, annual production volumes, Lewmar product coverage and competitor activity.
Please send your application to: Matt Johnston, Sales and Marketing Director - email@example.com
Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
What we're looking for and what you should be able to do…
- Preferably degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or possess a HNC/HND qualification
- 0-3 years post graduate industry experience
- Wanting that next career move and can demonstrate a good understanding of the product design process and manufacturing techniques.
- Proficient in generating 3D model assemblies and creating accurate, well tolerances , 2D production drawings using ProE (Creo) or similar.
- Good at taking a design brief, maintaining project documentation and adhering to timelines.
- Maintain project documentation and continually assess timelines
- Competent when designing parts for castings, injection mouldings, extrusions or fabrication in a variety of materials
- Enjoy building and assembling initial schemes, proof of principle models and prototypes
- Keen to identify and propose improvements to existing products and manufacturing techniques
What we can offer you…
- A salary commensurate with your experience, within the region of £20,000 to £25,000
- 25-day annual holiday
- A breeding ground for your creativity, backed-up by on-site manufacturing facilities
- Headroom to grow your career
What to do next…
Please send covering email, CV and examples of your work (Max. 5MB) to;
Nigel Smith – Head of Design - firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies