Steering Systems products
Aft Cockpit Constellation Typical System
The simplest wire system available for aft cockpit yachts with vertical, or near vertical, rudders using a radial quadrant in conjunction with a cross wire idler, (universal idler would be used if the pedestal is mounted aft of the rudder stock).
This system would suit vessels up to 35ft.
Please note the sheaves are fully adjustable in the angular mode to obtain perfect lead from sheave to quadrant. The splay angle is dependent on:
- Distance from pedestal centre to rudder stock.
- Quadrant diameter.
- Steering shaft supported in triple high efficiency ball bearings, ensuring no axial and radial play
- Cross wire idlers, bevelled & adjustable to ensure perfect cable alignment
- Composite construction quadrants for maximum reliability and compactness
- Range of terminal units, sheaves, bulk-head steerers, quadrants and accessories
- Efficient installation
- Pedestals sprocket options, dependent on boat size: 5/8P 11T, 5/8P 13T or 3/4P 11T
- Electrostatically applied, polyester coating for maximum corrosion protection
- Integrated autopilot drive kit for mounting drive unit